The overcoming negativity group is targeted towards children (ages 7-13) who:
- are frequently unhappy, depressed, or anxious;
- focus on the negative side of situations;
- complain frequently;
- are worried about the 'what-ifs';
- are rigid or inflexible in their thinking style;
- get stuck in a negative thought cycle;
- give up easily; and,
- have a negative self image.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy techniques will be used to help children and their parents understand the role of negative thinking in creating negative mood and maladaptive behaviour. The group will teach children how to change their perceptions so that they can see the glass as being half full rather than half empty.
Please click on the attached brochure for more information.
Dates for upcoming sessions:
Session 1 (Ages 10-13)
October 20, 27, November 3, 10 & 17, 2016
Session 2 (Ages 7-9)
January 12, 19, 26, February 2 & 9, 2017
Session 3 (Ages 10-13)
February 16, 23, March 2, 9 & 16, 2017
Download the brochure: Overcoming Negativity: