Mind Matters Clinic – a team of Mental Health Professionals that is trained to provide a variety of therapies that can lead to healthier and happier living.
Our team is made up of a group of Psychologists, Social Workers, Speech and Language Pathologists, and Art Therapists who have received Postgraduate training in human behaviour. Some team members have expertise with children, others in adult care.
As a team, we have the benefit of accessing a variety of different Clinicians with a wide range of areas of expertise. Through your initial contact with the therapist who answers our phone, you will be directed to the Clinician who is best able to meet your individual needs.
The journey begins with a phone call to our offices, where you will speak to an Associate who has some type of training in the mental health field. Typically, the empathic voice at the other end of the phone line belongs to an individual with some University education in Psychology or a related mental health field. You will be asked to provide some information about the type of problem you would like help with, and you will have opportunity to ask and have answered any questions that you have about the types of services we offer, the length of time before you will be seen, and the fees that we charge. If you would like to pursue our services, Dr. Moser will be apprised of the information that you have provided, and she will match you with the Clinician that will most likely be the best fit for you and your needs. Our aim is to have you seen within a few weeks; this is usually possible for many of our services. However, if you have a specific Clinician in mind, the wait may be longer. In any event, you will be called within a day or two of your inquiry.
We offer the following services:
- Assessment (Psychological and Psychoeducational Assessment for children; Adult Learning Disabilities; Child and Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder; Child and Adult Asperger’s/Autism Spectrum Disorders; Tourette Syndrome)
- Therapy - Individual/Relationship/Marriage/Family
- Group Therapy for Children – Anger Management/Social Skills Training/Organizational Skills Development and ADHD Symptom Management/Overcoming Negativity/Overcoming Anxiety
* For more information on these, please see the Therapy Groups page
- Consultation – Schools, Business and Organizations / Life Coaching
- Self-actualization/Assertiveness training/Self-esteem enhancement
The types of problems that we typically treat in both children and adults include: Stress Management, Depression, Generalized Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety, Test Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Anger Management, Social Skills Deficits, Pain Management, Habit Control (smoking, eating), Work-Related Stress, Marital Discord, Relationship Problems, and Low Self-Esteem.